I’ve missed you, Bachelor Nation! It seemed like this season of The Bachelorette wasn’t highly advertised, which is surprising considering how historic it is. But worry not if you missed the first episode! I am here with 10 things you need to know before following Rachel on her journey for love.
- Rachel showed us a peek of her dress fitting and it looks like the most glamorous and exciting part of the whole process!
- Corrine, Raven, Alexis and some other Bachelor alums gave Rachel some advice before she started. Usually, former Bachelorettes get this role but it seems like the girls from last season really are all genuinely close and best friends.
- I’m not overly impressed with this group of guys…yet. While they’re more diverse than previous seasons (I’m not even alluding to race here, I literally mean hairstyle), they aren’t super attractive. I know that sounds harsh, but it’s my very honest opinion. Usually, I see a couple of dudes that I root for right away based on looks alone. Don’t judge me. You know you’ve done the same thing. I will say that there are a handful that seem really sweet, funny, and full of potential. Time will tell!
- I got first place in my fantasy league last week! I will celebrate now because I’m sure the success will be short-lived. Feel free to join here! The password is JuanPablo. It’s a lot of fun to keep track of things that happened in the episode. For example, Rachel has a dog named Copper, she dislikes chocolate, and one of her suitors spoke Spanish to her.
- As always, we were introduced to some irritating producer picks. I’m sure you’ve already heard all about them- Jonathan the tickle monster and Lucas the…Waboom. Don’t ask what it means, because he will tell you and he will do this. Unfortunately, both of these men received roses and we will get to see more of them. Hopefully what we see is more of a genuine interpretation, but it is The Bachelorette after all.
- Also in true Bachelorette fashion, someone got too drunk to function. Unfortunately for Mohit, this was him. All night he tried to work up his confidence to be one of the many interruptions that Rachel got, but he never made it over to her. Instead, he watched her share a passionate kiss (another fantasy league answer!) with Bryan.
- After said passionate kiss, Bryan got the first impression rose. This was his response when Rachel asked him if he’d accept the rose. No, Bryan. No.
- Rachel’s other roses went to Peter, Will, Jack, Jamey, Iggy, Eric, DeMario, Jonathan, Bryce, Alex (Detroit, represent!), Kenny, Dean, Matt, Anthony, Brady, Josiah, Lee, Diggy, Fred, Adam, Blake, and Lucas. You’ll learn more about them later on.
- This season looks pretty good! It looks like there’s an ample amount drama and some steamy romance and some tears. I can’t wait!
- My favorite line from this episode came from a cast-off, “Maybe Rachel doesn’t like guys with perfect hair and perfect facial features.”
Who’s Gonna Last? (My predictions, not spoilers.)
So, what do YOU think? Was there a bachelor that you would have kept? How did you do in the first week of the fantasy league? What from the teaser preview are you most looking forward to? Let me know in the comments!