It’s the second week of The Bachelorette and already we’ve seen tears, arguments, confrontations, and an early elimination. I’m really excited to be able to remember who each person is and for some good drama to start. Just in case you missed out on all of the excitement this week, here are the 10 most important things you need to know:
- The first group date of the season was for Dean, Jack, Blake, Iggy, Fred, Kenny, Brady, and Lucas. Rachel and the dudes joined Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis for a husband material relay race. It was a really cute and clever idea.
- Somehow, Lucas won this challenge. He asked Ashton to waboom and Ashton was having none of it. Hopefully, the act is over soon and we can all be free of waboom.
- Speaking of Lucas, he has an enemy. Blake made it his mission this week to call him out for not being on the show for the right reasons. Hey, Blake, he listed his profession as “waboom” and is completely aware of how ridiculous he is. There is no need to call him out. Regardless, Rachel learned that Blake used to live with Lucas’ ex-girlfriend so he knows that he’s just here to be on tv. Okay, can we say goodbye to both of them now?
- Rachel was not really feeling any of the guys on her group date until she had some alone time with Dean. They seem to really like each other and after she gave him the group date rose, they kissed and Rachel was very happy.
- Peter had the one-on-one date and it may be the greatest date that anyone has ever been on. The flew on a private jet to Palm Springs. But they weren’t alone – Rachel’s dog, Copper, joined them. They went to Barkfest and just rolled around with dogs all day. It was amazing. Rachel loved seeing Peter with her dog and she felt so much better about this date than she did the group date the day before. They bonded of the gaps in their teeth, looking for romance, going to couples’ counseling, and she told him that she knew she wanted him to be the first one-on-one date. Peter, of course, got a rose.
- The second group date was a basketball date for Jamey, Diggy, Alex, Adam, Lee, Matt, Eric, Josiah, and DeMario. They were joined by Rachel’s close friend, Kareem Abdul Jabbar. Dates like this are always a good way to see someone’s character. Even if a guy sucks at basketball, he can still have a good time and get noticed as a good sport. This is easier said than done, however, because if I was on a basketball date I would not be pleased. Lee was the crappy basketball player on this date, but he has fun with it.
- The guys were split up into two teams to play a game in front of a bunch of random people at a random high school. Rachel noted that she doesn’t need someone who is a show-off and needs to be the life of the party, but she did like the DeMario was getting really into the game and putting in a lot of effort.
- The DeMario love was short-lived, however, when a girl showed up claiming to be his ex. She said that she saw him on After The Final Rose when Rachel was introduced to a few of her guys. No one could get the story straight on what their relationship was or was not and when they saw each other last. Rachel, our badass Bachelorette, told DeMario to “get the f**k out.”
- Rachel enjoyed kissing, Russian songs, and conversation with the other guys on the group date that evening. She was particularly impressed with how protective Josiah was of her and he received the date rose that night.
- Everything was fine and dandy at the cocktail party. Bryan, who did not go on a date this week, gave Rachel a massage so she could be alieviated from some of the DeMario stress. Unfortunately, that’s when DeMario decided to show up at the mansion. There were three minutes left in the show and I knew we weren’t going to see a rose ceremony. Instead, we will see next week what he could possibly have to say to Rachel.
Who’s Gonna Last? (My predictions, not spoilers.)
So, what do YOU think? Were you surprised that DeMario ended up being shady? Do you think Peter is perfect now because of that date? Do you think that Chris Harrison is happy? Let me know in the comments!