Forewarning: I wasn’t suuuuuper into this episode. It’s not my fault though. A thunderstorm kicked out my cable for a little bit so I didn’t get the full experience. This episode also seemed to be aaaaall arguing. I don’t know why, but this is just more enjoyable on The Bachelor.
- We left off with Lee and Kenny fighting. Which honestly I didn’t remember because I remember leaving off with Eric screaming at everyone. Regardless, people were fighting and Rachel decided to go straight to the rose ceremony and end the cocktail party early.
- Roses went to Will (really sweet), Dean (talked a little too much shit this week), Jonathan, Peter, Adam, Bryan, Matt, Josiah, Jack, Iggy, Kenny, Lee. I think Lee is absolutely a producer pick – maybe a compromise because Rachel insisted on sending Lucas home. I honestly think I’d rather have WaBoom than racist, jerk-face Lee. I am sad to see Diggy go though. He seemed like a real gentleman and sweetheart.
- Rachel and her bachelors are finally out of the mansion and their first stop is Hilton Head Island. Dean gets the first date in South Carolina and no one is really happy about that. Except for giggly Dean.
- Rachel and Dean have a picnic and they see a blimp. They are going to ride the blimp (you can ride in a blimp?!) but Dean is scared. He overcame his fear of heights and controlled flew the blimp and Rachel was very impressed. They waved to the other guys when they flew over their hotel, which is the worst thing that happens on one-on-one dates. I learned on this date that Dean is the youngest person in the house and the dudes are definitely going to start using that against him. Rachel and Dean had dinner and chatted about personal life. They seem to have great chemistry. We learned that Dean’s childhood was very family oriented, religious, and sporty. His mom died when he was 15 from breast cancer. Rachel seemed really glad that Dean opened up to her and told her his story. At the end of dinner, Dean and Rachel got a special Russell Dickerson concert.
- The group date was for Alex, Bryan, Anthony, Peter, Jonathan, Adam, Matt, Kenny, Lee, Iggy, Eric, Will, and Josiah. This is Rachel’s largest group date so far. They went on a boat and had a dance off, a push-up contest, and a rap battle. Peter tried his very best to rap and it was very cute. Josiah was very cocky on the boat and it didn’t end when they got on land. They men competed against each other in a spelling bee with words like squirt, passion, caress, schmuck, euphoric, champagne (Kenny couldn’t do this one), boudoir, facade, coitus (twelve-year-old girls were the judges), stunning, boutonniere, physiological, and polyamorous (because duh). Josiah won and he did NOT need that ego boost.
- Peter took Rachel away first and they are so great together. They have such a natural chemistry and they laugh a lot together. They talked about moving and where they each would want to live. For whatever reason, Rachel is licensed to practice is Wisconsin. She seemed very excited to tell Peter and he was thrilled to learn that fact.
- The guys talk about how they understand how Rachel brings the beast and emotions out of everyone. Not only is she a gorgeous woman, but also she is a successful lawyer who has made a career for herself. I’m glad they can recognize that. But also, behave! Control yourself!
- Iggy said, “I don’t want to be the reason there is drama tonight, but…” No, Iggy. Now you are automatically the cause of the drama. He told Rachel during his alone time with her that he thinks Josiah is sketchy. I can’t say that I disagree but like…don’t use your time to talk about Josiah! He then upped his ante and told Josiah what he told Rachel about him. Dude, you are full of bad ideas!
- Lee told Rachel that he thinks Kenny is aggressive because he gave him the finger. Seriously. Lee is a drunken idiot. Rachel was supposed to be enjoying her date but basically ended up having to babysit Kenny and Lee. Kenny said, “he’s an alternative facts piece of garbage. He lives in alternative facts.” Damn, Kenny! You tell him!
- We didn’t even get to see the end of this date when the episode ended. The format of this show will never be the same. And neither will my fantasy league.
Who’s Gonna Last? (My predictions, not spoilers.)
So what did YOU think? Did I miss something big with Eric or did he simmer down? Will Lee last much longer? We know what Rachel thinks about him now. She’s been vocal about it on Twitter. Who is cuter, Dean or Peter? Let me know in the comments!