Welcome, welcome! The champagne is popped and the limos are parked and the claws are coming out. Here are the top ten things you should take away from the second week of The Bachelor.
- Becca got the first one-on-one date, which is completely appropriate as she is the best girl in Arie’s bunch. She got to ride on a motorcycle, meet Rachel Zoe, wear a pair of Louboutins all day, keep a Neil Lane jewelry set (didn’t expect to see that name so early in the season), and wear a sparkly dress while spending the day getting to know Arie better. I’m a huge fan of dates like this because the couple can actually get to know each other. They seem good together so far. They kissed a lot but I think that might just be Arie’s personality.
- Between the afternoon and evening portions of the date, Becca went back to the mansion with her shopping spree loot. This was a horrible idea but very entertaining as the other girls watched her parade around in red-bottomed shoes and talk about how she gets to go back and have dinner with Arie. Bibiana was immediately discouraged and said, “Oh my god, they’re going to get married.” No proposal, but Becca did take home a rose.
- Krystal voiced her disapproval of the motorcycle on Becca’s date, but it’s okay because she got to go on her own one-on-one with Arie. They flew to his house in Scottsdale and she dreamed about how her life with Arie could be…super normal thing to do with someone on your first date. She also got to meet Arie’s parents, which absolutely made her think she is an early frontrunner.
- I take back what I said about Krystal last week. The sadness in her life aside, homegirl is irritating. She got a rose and will be back next week.
- The group date was for Maquel, Marikh, Tia, Valerie, Annaliese, Lauren G., Kendall, Bekah, Jenna, Jenny, Caroline, Sienne, Brittney, Bibiana, and Chelsea. They hit love head-on with a demolition derby. Annaliese was not thrilled about this activity, as she had a traumatic childhood experience with bumper cars. Kendall used this to her advantage and hit her car at every opportunity. Ruthless.
- Although Sienne was the winner of the derby and the extra time with Arie, Chelsea was the first to steal him away. She handled it well and got time with him later, but it lit a fire under Bibiana’s butt. More on that later.
- I thought Arie did a good job of getting to know each girl on this date a little more. We learned that he’s super into Bekah, but he didn’t think she felt the same way. We also learned that some life stories get a very unenthusiastic reaction from him, but when someone mentions making him dinner he perks right up!
- It’s week two and already the kissing noises are killing me.
- Sienne got the rose on the group date, so logically she, Krystal, and Becca do not need to pursue Arie at the cocktail party. We learned this week, however, that Krystal does not use logic. Or maybe she does…I see the point in trying to spend as much time with Arie as possible, but if you already have a rose and you’re stealing his time away from other girls (multiple times in one night), it probably isn’t going to make you look so great. Do guys notice those things? Do the shit-starters usually make it to the final rose? Not necessarily. As for now, it’s week two and it’s hilarious. Bibiana was about to explode because she kept getting interrupted. For while I was just laughing at it, but she called Krystal out and it took confidence and it took guts and I dig that. She won’t last, but I’ll root for her next week.
- Roses went to Maquel, Jacqueline, Bekah, Jenna, Chelsea, Lauren S. (who is freaking adorable, by the way. I didn’t get the other Laurens a fair change last week), Chelsea, Lauren B., Kendall, Tia, Annaliese, Brittney, Ashley, Marikh, Caroline, and Bibiana. The look on Krystal’s face when Bibiana got a rose may have been the best part of this week.
And that’s week two! I like this season a lot more than I thought I would so far. I like Arie, too. I can’t believe I’m saying that but I do. My deepest apologies to Peter, I know you’re reading this.
Who’s Gonna Last? (My predictions, not spoilers, and in no particular order.)
So, what did YOU think? Was Annaliese’s flashback of the bumper cars too much? Do you respect Bibiana for calling Krystal out? Who had the better one-on-one date? Let me know in the comments!