Y’all. Arie knows one word. That word is amazing. He’s so dumb and so dull and I hope he finds a wife on this show and proves everyone wrong and that will be the most exciting thing he’s ever done. Here are the highlights from this week.
- Arie’s first date was a one-on-one with Sienne. They hiked around Lake Tahoe, which seems way too close to LA to be considered a new location or a trip. They ate at the Hard Rock Café and after winking and slow dancing to an artist that no one has ever heard of, Arie gave her a rose.
- Maquel left because she got a call from home that her Grandpa died. I can see her coming back because it’s early in the season, but she also isn’t a frontrunner so I don’t know that Arie would really notice a difference, unfortunately for her.
- The group date was for Chelsea, Krystal, Becca, Marikh, Ashley, Jacqueline, Jenna, Tia, Kendall, Lauren, Brittany, and Caroline. They also hiked and did some outdoorsy survival tactic gross stuff. As per usual this season, Krystal was crazy and said many things along the lines of “these girls don’t have a sense of reality.” Ummmm, no.
- Side note- how is that girl a fitness instructor? Have you ever been to an Orange Theory class? They’re yelling into that mic. Maybe that’s why it sounds like that? I don’t know. Just catch me not there.
- Kendall stuck out on this date because she was really enjoying being one with nature and eating bugs. She and Arie also couldn’t keep their hands off of each other on this date. Arie’s constant need to be sucking face was an issue when everyone got into the hot tub. Everyone wanted to touch him and it was so horrible to watch. The best part of this whole date was Caroline and Tia being BFFS and liking each other more than Arie and not being desperate for his attention.
- Krystal, of course, took issue with this and them that she’s feeling a lot of confidence issues since her first one-on-one date because she knows she’s had more time with him than other girls? I don’t know what her problem is but she’s so full of herself and so clueless and I can’t watch her for much longer. She sounds like Kate McKinnon doing Kellyanne Conway. Her territorial tactics and playing the victim did not work for her and Tia got the rose.
- Remember how crazy Chelsea was in the first episode? She’s like completely sane now and I don’t get it.
- The second one-on-one date was with Bekah. They rode horses and made out. Arie found out that Bekah is 22 and was really conflicted with that. I understand being hesitant about the age difference, but he doesn’t know her enough to make a judgment call on that yet. He’s been doing fine with her so the age alone shouldn’t change anything. He basically told her that he didn’t think that they would work out because if she’s anything like he was in his twenties then they aren’t looking for the same thing. He’s garbage. He gave her the rose anyway.
- Arie canceled the rose ceremony and in the words of Chris Harrison, “to say the girls were shocked and dismayed is a gross understatement.” Arie decided that he didn’t need to talk to any of the girls and that he had made up his mind. Krystal decided that that wasn’t good enough for her and pulled him aside to essentially say “I respect your decision to not have a cocktail party and I just wanted to let you know by disrespecting your decision.”
- In a shocking move by ABC, they didn’t leave us hanging for next week. Roses went to Lauren, Kendall, Ashley, Becca, Chelsea, Jenna, Jacqueline, Marikh, and Krystal.
Who’s Gonna Last? (My predictions, not spoilers, and in no particular order.)
So, what did YOU think? Do you think Arie is painfully boring? Would you have sent Krystal home? Who is Jenna and how is she still here? Should he have sent Bekah home? Let me know in the comments!